superTube® SST Series
Higher BTUs. Larger Coverage Area.
Optimize your building with the latest gas infrared technology. Schwank is the first and only manufacturer in North America to use EC Motors across the complete superTube product line of single-stage, two-stage, and modulating [full gas/air modulation]. This is our quietest, most powerful tube heater yet.
- Distribution centers
- Vehicle maintenance
- Airplane hangars
- Industrial applications
Higher BTUs and a larger coverage area
The SST models ranging from 50,000 to 250,000 [BTUhs] and 20’ to 80’ lengths, it is easy to install and maintain. The gas connection is located on the center of the box for ease of access, and the clamshell box opens with a latch system so you don’t need to juggle with parts when working high above the ground.
- With a wide range of sizes and models available, choose the ideal superTube to use in your commercial industrial space.
- 50,000 – 250,000 input BTU/HR models
- 20′- 80′ heater lengths
- Built with an EC Motor across the complete product line
- Available in modulating, single-stage and 2-stage
- Highest mounting options up to 50 ft.
- Factory-installed turbulators and mounted ignitor
- UL Certified
- True modulation adjustment of both air and gas allows precise control of the real-time response to actual heat demand.
- High-efficiency EC Motor with the advanced whisper-quiet operation is 2-3x more efficient than standard Shaded Pole or PSC motors.
- Advanced whisper-quiet operation.
- The balanced burner system allows for one less restraint point, wire hangers, and single latch access to support easier installation, along with a gas connection that has a central placement to allow access from all angles.
- The burner housing design features a refined shape, an LED illuminating light, and a new grey color inspired by a contemporary feel that has a softer contrast when paired with the other colors
- Optimized reflector geometry provides a higher radiant factor and a more uniform heat distribution across the same heating surface.
- Emissive coated radiant tubes are designed to improve the thermal efficiency of infrared heaters.
Built with EC Motor technology
The latest advancement in infrared heating
Intuitive and enhanced operation
- Provides +85% energy efficiencies throughout a full range of operation, in addition to whisper-quiet operation.
- An EC Motor is 2x more efficient than a PSC motor [Permanent Split Capacitor] and 3x more efficient than a Shaded Pole AC motor which is commonly used for infrared tube heaters.
- A constant torque EC Motor leads to more robust and stable combustion through the heaters’ entire range of operation and external pressure changes.
- Schwank has engineered a customized control board [power input 24VDC] built specifically for the modulating superTube model.
True modulating models
- The custom control board provides real-time optimization of fuel to air ratio for the perfect combustion through communicating
with EC Motor and modulating gas valve.
- Eliminates temperature swings by pairing ECM technology with gas valves.
- The heating systems’ service life significantly increases as frequent ON/OFF cycles [cold starts] are reduced.
- Adapt the heat demand in the space, to maintain a consistent comfort level by truly modulating the heat.
Intelligent control technology for heating systems
- Optimized reflector geometry provides increased efficiency over conventional reflectors and maximizes heat distribution throughout the entire radiant area.
- Providing a more uniform heat distribution across the same heating surface.
|New reflector||Conventional reflector|
Click on the image to view and download PDF.